Slains and Collieston Community Council held its inaugural meeting on the 3rd of October 2008, when the Constitution was adopted. Before its establishment, the community was ably represented by the Amenities Committee, which was formed in 1958. The Constitution was subsequently updated in June 2019.
- Community Council Councillors normally meet on the first Wednesday of the month in the community centre
- Minutes are taken and posted on this website.
- Correspondence received by the Council is detailed fully in lists which accompany the minutes.
- These are available for inspection by any householder or resident upon request.
- This also applies to the accounts, which are subject to an annual inspection.
- Aberdeenshire Councillors receive minutes of meetings and are frequently in attendance.
The Community Council produces a newsletter called “The Blether” at regular intervals throughout the year.
Main Fundraiser – The Gala
The Community Council try to organise a Gala each year.
- It is a time when residents and visitors alike come together for a week of fun and activity
- The first annual Gala took place in 1958 and, until this year, took place every summer.
Other Events Organised
- Burn’s Supper
- Work parties
- Coffee mornings
- Social get-togethers